Our home away from home, thanks to Dale and Teresa!
Sea Eagle up in the air getting new bottom paint as well as some maintenance while she's out of the water.
We have been in Sanford since the end of November. We had a really great Christmas with friends and family.
Since January we have made a lot of headway on our projects. We had the boat hauled out of the water and the bottom repainted. Dale and Teresa set up their camper trailer at a nearby county park for us to stay in while the boat was being worked on. While it was out of the water I replaced the packing in the main drive shaft logs, replaced the actuators on the trim tabs and had the trim tab mounts rebuilt. I also replaced the bushing for the port rudder shaft and replaced all the zincs. Monroe Harbor Marina repainted the bottom with antifouling. The bottom looks really good.
The boat is now in the water at Monroe Harbor Marina on C dock. Paula and I have also started the interior remodeling that we have been saving so long for. The boat currently looks like a disaster area. All the wall coverings that I put on 8 years ago have come off. The walls are being repaired and sanded and prepped for new wall coverings. The wood is all getting prepped for new varnish. The saloon settee is being rebuilt and upgraded. New counter tops, sinks, fixtures, etc were done in Savannah. We are also planning on having an additional computer/chart table made, so that the dining table can go back to being used for dining! We also had new dodgers and a new cord cover made. The new dodgers are made of 50% screen, which will help with windage but still give us shade and protection.
I still have to change oil, oil filters, fuel filters, raw water impellers etc. All the normal yearly maintenance.